psketch wrote:
> OK - log file is attached.  This was Radio 4 - played for 4 seconds,
> then went silent.  The elapsed time counter on the web gui continues to
> count until about 10 seconds, then loops back to 5 seconds, up to 10,
> back to 5 etc.

There is no problem with DNS or the http fetches of HLS stream data
there - the first 5 chunks (32 seconds worth) are fetched and buffered
very quickly, and the subsequent stream chunks continue to be fetched
and sent into the player streaming system within LMS at the correct
intervals, sufficient to maintain a buffer of at least 30 seconds of
stream data. But it looks like something is wrong with the LMS player
streaming after a few seconds, as the data is being read far too quickly
after that initial buffering period. Additional debug logging will be
required to see what is happening there.

I presume you are using a player that requires transcoding (i.e. not a
touch, radio or squeezelite with aac library), in which case this may be
an issue with the transcoding system. Bpa knows best what debug logging
helps to see what is happening there - player.source logging has been
mentioned, but additional logging may be needed seeing as the stream
does actually play to some extent.

I presume you are using the modified faad.exe. Can you try with the
original faad.exe version that came with LMS - we should at least
eliminate the modified faad.exe as being any part of the problem, since
this shouldn't be needed for live streaming.