psketch wrote:
> So, there's just something funny with the buffering in the transcoding
> specifcally with the BBC app for some reason I guess - the test aac
> files play fine.
I assume the Groovesalad aac stream http://somafm.com/groovesalad130.pls
plays OK as well.

It could be associated with the burstiness of HLS. Do you get the EINTR
message in the log on Ubuntu ?

There are comment in Perl forums that after EINTR, the interrupted
system call has to be restarted and restarting the system call sometime
had problems.  AFAICT The EINTR is breaking a read on the pipe
delivering data to LMS from thr transcode. If the outgoing pipe (which
feeds LMS)  is not emptied, then the pipe fills up and the transcoding
process will stall as write will fail to complete.