philippe_44 wrote:
> Can you tell what settings you changed in the config file for avoid the
> ear-screeching volume ? What can happen is that by default, LMS will
> send a volume command from 0 to 65536 (with a log-scale - BTW, what you
> see on LMS GUI is a linear volume from 0 to 100). Normally, uPnP devices
> accept volume from 0 to 100, on a linear scale. So sq2u does the log/lin
> translation between these 2 "domains" and this is what <volume_curve> is
> for.
>
> Some players have different volume settings that have a max at (eg) 30.
> So in that case most of LMS commands will set volume above 30 with that
> awfully loud volume result
>
> Normally, the default parameters say the following
>
> 1- Send an extra volume command when the uPnP player has confirmed that
> it is playing a song - otherwise sq2u sends the command as soon as but
> only when it receives it from LMS (force_volume)
> 2- Wait until the uPnP player has confirmed that it is playing a song
> before sending ANY volume command - (volume_on_play)

I'll dig out the config and post later - thanks.

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Smart Radio
Raspberry Pi + Squeezeplug LMS + Squeezelite
Cubieboard + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100
bluetooth speaker
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
IBOX + Debian 7 + LMS 7.8.1 + Squeezelite - Soundwave SW100 bluetooth
speaker
Squeeze2upnp - Sonos Play1 & Vistron internet radio (Reciva)
Pure One Flow