bluebell wrote:
> Since SuperDateTime was doomed because it parses Weather.com's website
> (and this will change whenever Weather.com's web designers or managers
> get new drugs) I switched to Martin Rehfeld's old WeatherTime plugin
> that uses only Wunderground's API. It wasn't designed for the Boom so I
> had to tweak it.
>
> But Wunderground must have changed something in their API. In their old
> API they write a message about "deprecated" and point to their new API
> that requires an API key.
>
> My wife complains a lot, she wants the weather icons and temperatures
> back.
>
> So I am thinking of getting an API key and write an own plugin. Does
> anyone know where I can get enough information to write a
> LMS plugin that makes some HTML calls and paints pictures and writes
> text to a Boom?
>
> Another way would be a super simple plugin that only copies a bitmap
> from a given file to the boom every minute. This bit map must be updated
> by an external program, e.g. via cron.
>
> Any ideas? I am not able to extract all I have to know from a plugin's
> Perl code.

If you look back through this thread, you'll see that there is now a
version of SuperDateTime available which uses wunderground.com's API.
It requires you to get an API key, which is free if you sign up as a
developer.
The easiest way to install this version of SDT is to add the repository
into your settings/plugins page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/superdatetimewu/files/repo.xml

I've added some additional features as well... there is moon information
(phase, rise/set times), and the ability to display in different
languages.

Hope this helps!

Tom