Since SuperDateTime was doomed because it parses Weather.com's website
(and this will change whenever Weather.com's web designers or managers
get new drugs) I switched to Martin Rehfeld's old WeatherTime plugin
that uses only Wunderground's API. It wasn't designed for the Boom so I
had to tweak it.

But Wunderground must have changed something in their API. In their old
API they write a message about "deprecated" and point to their new API
that requires an API key.

My wife complains a lot, she wants the weather icons and temperatures
back.

So I am thinking of getting an API key and write an own plugin. Does
anyone know where I can get enough information to write a
LMS plugin that makes some HTML calls and paints pictures and writes
text to a Boom?

Another way would be a super simple plugin that only copies a bitmap
from a given file to the boom every minute. This bit map must be updated
by an external program, e.g. via cron.

Any ideas? I am not able to extract all I have to know from a plugin's
Perl code.