kolossos - can I just ask how you are playing tracks 'outside the
library'?  I think you said this was a new feature in 7.9.  Is this the
'Disks and Folders' feature in the 'Additional Browse Modes' menu?

If so, maybe you should comment on the problem in the LMS 7.9 Beta
forum, using the screens you just posted.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.