epoch1970 wrote:
> I think the question was clear, and the answer too. There is no such
> plugin AFAIK.
> You can ask the LMS server via the CLI (JSON) and get the playlist for a
> specific player, and do whatever you fancy from there on. There might be
> a slight complexity however, since a playlist may contain both local and
> non-local items; a copy won't be always possible. Also a playlist might
> contain hundreds of songs, and the copy/zip operation could disrupt LMS
> timely operation (like transcoding, synching...) and this is a no-no.
>
> I believe most users simply share their music folders using
> samba/nfs/whatever and access files this way.

Thanks for the reply. My interest is in accessing files of my own, that
I've favorited and added to a playlist as part of my own workflow. Once
I've used LMS to earmark a set of files for use, I need to have copies
of those files in another location. I'm doing that one file at a time,
as described above. Tanscoding isn't necessary and I've got control over
what's in the playlist and they're all local files.

I've never used the CLI for LMS. Do you know if there's a tutorial
somewhere?