Man in a van wrote:
> mp, you will need to use (windows computer) WnSCP to access the file on
> the nas.
>
> First start the LMS on the nas and go to the Settings page and click on
> the Information tab.
>
> You will see the IP address of the LMS install on the Nas (copy and save
> that somewhere).
>
> Scroll down the page and you will see the Pathway to the Plugins folder,
> also copy and save that.
>
> Download the Parser file to your Desktop.
>
> Stop LMS.
>
> Start WinSCP  fill in the IP address of the LMS and the user and
> password, select SCP in the protocol box IP goes in the Host name box.
>
> You will get a Window with two panes, on the left hand pane, navigate to
> Desktop and scroll until you find the Parser file.
>
> In the right hand pane, navigate to the BBCiPlayer Plugin and open it.
>
> Rename the listed Parser file by adding "Old" to the front of the file
> name.
>
> Drag the new Parser file across from the left to the right. You might
> have to click save (I have not used my qnap nas as LMS server for a long
> time, so my memory might be a bit faulty).
>
> On your way out of the BBCiPlayer plugin, left click the blue arrow at
> the top until you come to the Cache folder, scroll down and delete the
> file cache.db.
>
> Exit WinSCP and restart LMS.
>
> if this works, then you can go back and delete the "Old2 parser file or
> just leave it lie.
>
> This is a bit quick and dirty "how to" but I hope it will help.
>
> Atb
>
> Ronnie
>
> Edit: just realised you will also need the new icons (opml file) so
> recommend that you download and install the patch (using the same method
> as above)
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19095&d=1446031140
>
> See the info from utgg here
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?53229-Announce-BBCiPlayer-Plugin-%28UK-only%29&p=814578&viewfull=1#post814578

Ronnie,
Thank you for your clear and comprehensive instructions which I intend
to try to follow soon.
Before I do, please may I ask another (niaive?) question. I there a
reason why the plugin originator (utgg) could not add it to the 3rd
party plugins list in LMS Settings? I seem to remember that this is how
I easily applied the the plugins (from Triode and bpa) early this year
when the BBC last made annoying changes.
Thanks again, Malcolm