bpa wrote:
> As I see it RadioVIZ development was started well before the advent of
> streaming radio.  RadioDNS is aimed at hybrid radio - broadcast radio
> (FM/DAB etc) augmented by internet (Wifi, 4G) but that class of device
> is rare and as such the technology is out of date.  The RadioDNS
> standards reference IMDA an alliance which disbanded in 2014.  I think
> the recent and rapid rise of Spotify, Deezer, Apple  etc.  streaming
> radio and generous mobile internet data plans has meant it is feasible
> to listen continuuously to a "radio" over internet on your phone/tablet
> etc. and conversely has meant very few user ask for an FM radio in their
> phone/tablet. So I think there will be few real hybrid radio products
> (no tablets have FM now)  and therefore RadioDNS is effectively dead
> although many of the constituent technologies can be repurposed.
>
> edit:
>
> Thinking a bit more - cars are probably the main area where broadcast
> radio and internet connections use a single display.
The only broadcaster with decent RadioVis data for all their stations
appears to be Global (Capital, ClassicFM, Heart, Smooth etc.)

Others, like the BBC, seemed to dabble for a while and then move on to
the Radioplayer setup.

Not sure what will happen to it in the future....

LMS Version: 7.9
TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - WHS 2011
2x Touch, 3x SB3