yocky wrote:
> I just installed LMS 7.9 on a second PC and copied my music library
> over.
>
> The file names are identical but the path is slightly different
> (e:\music\.... instead of  i:\all\music), however the files I'm really
> interested in are musicbrainz tagged so I didn't think this was
> important.
>
> I did a fresh scan and then a trackstat restore from my latest backup
> file.
>
> This has partially worked. Some ratings have been restored and some
> haven't. Even stranger is that the playcount seems to have been restored
> for even the tracks that haven't had the ratings restored.
>
> Any ideas?

Have you waited for the restore operation to finish ?
It runs in the background and it can take a few hours if you have a
large library or a large backup file.
There is a message in the LMS server.log file when the restore has
completed.

If you have the "Find alternative files" option enabled in TrackStat
backup settings page it should find the files as long as it's only the
beginning of the path that has changed. However, it can take a long time
to run the restore operation with this option enabled.

LEAD PLATFORM DEVELOPER OF 'ICKSTREAM MUSIC PLATFORM'
(HTTP://WWW.ICKSTREAM.COM) -  A WORLD OF MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS

(Also developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If you like to
encourage future presence on this forum and/or third party plugin/applet
development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))