PasTim wrote:
> The only reason I haven't updated this thread to specify the DASH
> version is that BBC's longer term plans are uncertain and so the related
> plugins are still regarded as 'test'.

The current issues why the test version is still considered test and not
production.
1. The BBC DASH streams are still beta and so underlying tech could
still be tweaked.
2. Live DASH streams can stop as often as once / hr.  This is due to
long response time from BBC (http get reponse can take up to 3 mins).
This could be a BBC implementation issue as DASH stream are still beta.
I am also testing changes to plugin to minimise this effect.
3. There is an issue which stops live DASH streams playing - I can't
reproduce. It seems to affect Windows based systems possibly most likely
with "high end" servers (i.e. CPU with lots of cores i7).
4. There is a possible similar issue to 2 with Castbridge but with
"ordinary" servers. Not sure if 2 & 3 are related.
5. Occasional playback issues with "Listen Again" is playback is started
very near end of program.