E.Man wrote:
> So here's where I got to :
>
> Plugged the Touch and the Pi (and PC) into the Router.   Touch found Pi
> and played off the HDD.
>
> So I then just went direct Touch  > Pi with Network cable and it still
> worked but the screen slightly flickered now and then.
>
> I then turned the Pi off and turned the Touch just standby screen as a
> clock. Then fired up the Pi again, then Touch and I have music again.
>
> Real *problem is* when I *totally power down*/turn SB touch right off
> then the *SB and Pi don't connect after* that.
>
> I'm hoping I've just got a setting wrong somewhere?  and *can someone
> please tell me where* or *what else I need to do* cos it seems I'm so
> close to having it done.
>
> thanks heaps.

*Don't* connect your Touch to the Pi. You should connect your Touch to
the router, or use it wirelessly > Touch > Settings > Advanced >
Networking > Choose Network.

I leave both my Pis on 24/7, when not in use they seem to go to sleep
and the attached HHD powers down. When needed it spins up no problem.

Re LMS settings: there's much to learn to get the best out of the
system, and as your questions are no longer specific to M2P, I would
start new threads in the Touch or LMS Forums.

kidstypike

LMS on Raspberry Pi 2 model B/max2play/HiFiBerry DAC+ > AVI DM5

1 x SB3 - 1 x Boom - 1 x (Squeezebox) Radio - 2 x Touch - 2 x Raspberry
Pi/max2play/HiFiBerry