DrPhil wrote:
> Thanks for the advice. Renaming the prefs folder removed the initial
> problem and obviously resulted in an unconfigured copy of LMS - no
> problem. However, now when I try to install CastBridge I get it listed
> (un-ticked) under 'updated plugins available'. When I tick the box, it
> asks for a restart but after restarting the plugin is still listed as an
> (un-ticked) 'updated plugin available'. This just repeats after ticking
> and restarting. The version listed is 0.2.0.1 - is this the latest
> version or have I messed up somewhere?
>
> Thanks.

I've tried on a fresh install and there is a issue that I don't
understand with the built-in 3rd party repository list. Just add

Code:
--------------------

  http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-plugins-philippe44/repo-sf.xml

--------------------

to the extra repository list and it will work.

This problem only happens with Chromecast bridge, I've tried to install
my other plugins from the same built-in 3rd party repository and they
work. What happens with Chromecast bridge is that the download fails
randomly after a few MB ... no idea why. That does not make sense,
especially because the link above is pointing exactly to the same place.

Michael, if you read this and have any idea ...

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2