PasTim wrote:
> I'm currently on 0.2.7.3-dev-3.
>
> From time to time playing on my M1 CLiC stops, and I have to restart the
> renderer and sq2u before I can play any more.  This typically happens if
> I decide to change the next track at or around the time a track is
> ending and the next track is loading (the CLiC being normally OK with
> gapless play).  A log where I had just finished playing the 1st movement
> of a concerto and was skipping to the 3rd follows.  There's a transition
> to the 2nd movement but no mention of the 3rd.  I couldn't get anything
> after this and had to stop and restart sq2u and the CLiC. I have no idea
> what a 'nudge' is in this context.
>
> I was playing 24/96000 tracks in flac to my M1 CLiC in flac.  If I don't
> change tracks manually, especially near the end of one or start of the
> next, all seems to be well.

This is a complicated one: there are a few cases where the bridge is
caught into "difficult to synchronize" states between the LMS side of
things and the UPnP side of things. Some UPnP feedback have ambiguous
meaning. Precisely here, I receive a 'stopped' notification from the M1
but a next track has been set by LMS. Such case should never happen,
because normally the M1 has been informed that there is a new track, so
it should not stop. But this can happen when the LMS 'set next track'
arrives late and the M1 has not had enough time to buffer the next
track, so it stops and does not do its gapless job properly. The
"patchy" solution is to send it a UPnP command "go to next track". But
if you press "next" on LMS very close to the end of a track, I'm falling
into a unmanaged state. I know you head will be about to explode when
you'll arrive at that place of my response, and mine does often as well
with this class of problems. I need to re-think calmy if I have a
solution for that :)

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2