bastrup wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
> Thank you for quick response. I am quite new to this setup, and only
> started with the latest stable release, and then moved on the current
> dev-10.
> In general, Following you reply, I've done a lot of testing, to get
> wiser on what is really happening, and also to find a way to reproduce
> the experience in a controlled manner (generally, I've seen this
> occurring more often on the Android remotes, without lot/quickly doing
> re-positioning). In order to make the setup as clean as possible,
> leaving out as many potential error sources, I ended up with the
> following setup:
> - LMS running on Synology DS210j. Playback controlled from LMS
> web-player. Playing a file placed on the Synology as well.
>
> How to reproduce:
> - Start playback
> - Wait more than 15 secs. of playing back
> - Do a forward re-position for ~1 minute
> - let playback start for a couple of seconds, and then do a new forward
> re-position ~1 minute
>
> -> Results ->
> - Playback stops (no sound reproduced)
> - Webplayer continues to report playing back, but enters a "loop",
> where it reports progress for 10-15 secs, from the latest re-positioning
> place, and then jumps back over again
> - This condition continues for around 2 minutes, and then player is
> reported lost.
>
> How to fix:
> - On the upnpbridge web control page in LMS, I disable and enable the
> upnpbridge.
>
> ->Result ->
> - Playback of chosen track - or playlist is picked up again, and sound
> starts to pour out of speakers :-)
>

> The really good part: without doing re-positioning, I've enjoyed
> seamless playback via upnpbridge and RX-V671 for hours and hours,
> without any failures
>
> My challenge: I want to introduce this great setup for my wife and
> children, and worry (or most likely) they will trigger this event - when
> I am away and they are
> having an important musical gathering (read party).
>
> Would an easy work around be if it was somehow possible to disable the
> re-positioning feature? Or somehow to detect the state, and
> automatically initiate a
> restart of upnpbridge?
>
> Regards, René
WIth apologies if you already know this (and I may well have missed a
post or 2) - are you playing flacs by any chance?  One of my renderers
struggles with re-positioning unless I get LMS to transcode flac to
flac.  I know it sounds crazy but there's something about the flac
headers on repositioned tracks that drives it mad.  There are
instructions on how to do this in the upnpbridge user guide, but
briefly:

1.  Create a custom-convert.conf file in /etc/squeezeboxserver (or
wherever convert.conf is on your system) containing:

Code:
--------------------

  flc flc * *
  # IR
  [flac] -cs - -

--------------------

2. On the LMS Settings, Advanced, File Types page you should now see
'flac' being transccoded to 'flac', rather than 'native'.

3. On the upnpbridge settings page for this specific renderer I have
"Force reposition on resume" set to 'yes', "Accept byte seek" set to
'no', and below that "FLAC header" set to 'normal'

This works perfectly for me.  I recently tried without it, to see if
things had changed over the last several releases, but it's still needed
for my system.  I hope this helps.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to 405/2 amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 15.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.