epoch1970 wrote:
> squeeze2raop can end up taking 100% of the CPU. I've seen this twice, it
> happens either after running the bridge for a long time (days) or after
> using bpa's BBC iPlayer redux plugin (for extended periods of time).
> I've discovered the issue after the fact, researching the cause of
> strange audio timeouts when playing.
> I am positive there is a condition on my machine that can make
> squeeze2raop-x86-64 eat up all the CPU cycles it can; I will try to
> corner the case further.
Happened again today, I'd say this is #4.
I really don't have much info about it, but I am beginning to wonder if
this can be related to LMS updating plugins automatically?
LMS doesn't auto-update, but plugins do on my debian server.
This time (and, I believe, at least once before) I found the LMS web gui
recommending a restart to finish install of upgraded plugins, while the
squeeze2raop process was taking all the CPU.

4 SB 3 • Libratone Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server
7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by
bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.