I have an issue when I'm running two Squeezebox Boom's with Triode's
Spotify plugin in synchronised mode. This seemed to work for a while (a
few weeks), but now I notice that the music often cuts out after a few
seconds, and sometimes skips to the next track. It's almost unplayable,
however at times it will play happily for 5-10 minutes without issue. I
thought it might be related to the wireless network, but I've ensured
that signal strength is OK, and each player will play fine on its own.
Then I noticed that the cut-out effect is just like what happens when
I'm playing Spotify on my phone and someone else in the family starts it
up elsewhere - Spotify cuts one of the devices off, which then auto-logs
in again, causing the other to cut out. I wonder if this is what is
happening here?

Can anyone confirm whether this is the case? Is it possible to
synchronise two players to one Spotify stream with one premium account,
or is a Family account required?

I've looked in /var/log/squeezeboxserver/spotifyd.log during these
outages and I notice that each player results in a "newstream connection
from X.X.X.X" when starting to play a track. Then, when things start to
go wrong "relogin requested" and "resetting streambuf" will appear, and
sometimes "logged out" followed by "relogging in as user:". This doesn't
always happen, but it does seem related. I also see "ChannelError(0, 1,
link-tracks)" occasionally.

If I turn off synchronisation, a single player will play 100% fine, with
the other off. The log remains silent until the next track.