crewxp wrote:
> I just found out about this awesome plugin a few weeks ago and just
> recently got everything up!
>
> But my airplay bridge players *can't seem to connect to the right
> servers*. Normal players switch servers just fine, but my bridged ones
> start up stuck on what seems like a random server. Changing it from an
> android app or the web interface doesn't change anything. To get the
> player switched to a different server, I have to power off the squeeze
> server it's connected to until it finally connects to the right one.
>
> Have you any ideas as to what could be causing this? I have attached the
> bridge log below, the squeeze log shows no errors if I click on log in
> the information tab.
>
> Example:
> 192.168.100.149 [LMS SERVER 1] [HOSTS BRIDGED AV-GYM & AV-STUDIO]
> 192.168.100.152 [LMS SERVER 2] [HOSTS BRIDGED AV-LOBBY]
> 192.168.100.153 [LMS SERVER 3]
> 192.168.100.172 [LMS SERVER 4]
>
> When they all start up (at the same time), the AV-GYM, LOBBY, or STUDIO
> connects the virtual bridge player to a random LMS SERVER X.
> Clicking change player to [designated server i click] asks me if im
> sure, then doesn't do anything; no matter how many times I try or if I
> try my app I use.
> I have to power down the LMS SERVER the virtual player is connected to
> in order to get it to connect to a different one.
>
> -Is there a way I can fix this? Ideally, I would love to be able to
> switch the bridged player's server.
> -If not, is there a way I can manually specify which LMS SERVER to
> connect the bridge to?
>
> *THANK YOU! I've been stuck on this for a week now*, experimenting
> everyday
>
> 20531

Switching server is not very well handled in my bridges and as of today,
the "server" parameter with sets the LMS server to connect to if
discovery shall not be used is global to all players managed by a
running squeeze2raop instance. I ran into difficulties that I can't
fully remember right now on the switching servers. I'll explore that
back in the coming weeks and I'll see also if I can set the "server"
parameter to be different to each player - that's doable, but a bit of
careful refactoring of some code as this is today globally shared by all
players.

Stay tuned

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2