bpa wrote:
> It was worth a try - this problem is a real pain as it is noit possible
> to reproduce on demand and so not possible to track down root cause. It
> seems to be localised to certain regions and/or at certain times.
> Complicated by the fact that different version of Windows/windows based
> system has different behaviour.
>
> I had a windows system running for a while and I would get short bursts
> of the problem every so often but all I could do was add lots of
> diagnostics and hope but they showed nothing of significance.

Yeah, random (ish) behaviour is the worst to try and pin down - still
think it's something to do with W2012 Server but have run out of things
to turn on/off. So back to my earlier question:

-"Right - deep breath - I have little Linux experience so what's the
easiest, least painful way of getting a) a suitable Linux environment up
and running and then, b) installing/running LMS under it?

(sorry, I know this isnt really a 3rd Party Plugin / BBC iPlayer
question, but if I post it out of the blue elsewhere then the context
will be lost).

My MP3 files reside on a NAS (Lenovo ix2, inherited from work place) on
the same LAN so I'll need to be able to access network shares/map disc
drives/whatever the Linux equivalent terminology is. Other than that I
cant think of any non-standard things that will be involved (other than
running it under a W2012 Server VM but I've some prior experience of
that so dont expect that to be an issue)."-

?

Jerry