Ok, I'll repeat the story once again, then I'll close this thread:

SmartMix was based on a web service called the.echonest.com (TEN). This
web service provided all the smarts behind SmartMix: it created the
mixes based on your library, or some given parameters etc. They did a
great job.

Then Spotify bought the.echonest.com a year or two ago. Some of the
features of TEN got implemented in the Spotify API. But many of the more
advanced features didn't make it. No mixing of your local music. No
providing of track IDs for the various music services (besides Spotify,
of course). No advanced mixing parameters.

Therefore this is the end of SmartMix. It's been an excellent ride, and
I've been amazed by TEN's offerings. I'll re-open a new thread as soon
as I've found alternatives and the time to implement them.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR,
Smart Mix