PasTim wrote:
> If you want to know if a new dev version is available without
> deselecting the plugin, restarting and so on, copy and paste the
> repository URL
> (http://tenet.dl.sourceforge.net/project/lms-to-upnp/dev/repo-sf.xml)
> into a browser and look at the xml file.  It contains the version
> number.

Oh.
I wasn't seeing the plugin at all.  This post helps a lot.  That xml
file also contains the phrase:
> minTarget="7.7"

We're running 7.5.x on Debian x86.  (Because search treats tags
case-sensitively in 7.6 onwards, and we've approx 10,000 tracks which
had been tagged case-variously [Vanilla Fudge, and Vanilla fudge,
forgive me].)  I guess a target of 7.7 means that SBS 7.5 will not list
the plug-in.

We were interested in trying this plug-in so that a Yamaha network
player could also directly access the music files.  Does the plug-in
depend on features in 7.7+ and so even if there were a way to load it,
the feature wouldn't work?  I imagine this is the case.  The Yamaha does
not seem to have any protocol other than DLNA to access the local
network (it does have vTuner, but that is internet-based, I think).

Am I correct to conclude that, without moving to LMS 7.7 or higher, DLNA
from LMS will not be possible?

regards, Atlantic