bpa wrote:
> The GZIP issue just prevent playback.  Any bitrate issue is separate.
> To understand what is happening you need to turn on the logging for the
> plugin and pick a different program for each test otherwise caching may
> distort results.

Yes, sorry, I should probably have written two messages above.

I tried playing a programme in the normal iPlayer plugin with DASH
enabled. I got several hundred lines of output (apologies for the length
- hopefully you won't need to look at it!):
21056

As you might expect, the relevant parts appear to be near the beginning:
there is a response file quoted ("DASH Content") that lists several
feeds with bit rates between 48k and 320k, which is what I'd expect from
what little I know about the system. Then a little after it, there's
this line:

Code:
--------------------
    Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::_parseMPD_part2 (549) Pref used:Dashspeed_aod
pref value :  Chosen rep id audio_1=48000 Bandwidth = 48000
--------------------

Is this saying that a preference has been set somewhere for 48k audio?
Can you tell me what it's referring to, or have I got the wrong end of
the stick?

Thanks for your help, bpa. Please let me know if logs from a non-DASH
playback would be useful, or something else like server startup.

The player I tested on is a Boom, it's a wired network and streaming
method is "Direct", although I don't think the Boom can do AAC, so I
assume it's transcoded on the server anyway. My Internet connection is
more than fast enough to stream 320k when it's provided.

|Filename: LMS_Log_iPlayer_DASH.txt                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21056|