Wirrunna wrote:
> That worked too, after I installed git (# yum install git-all) on my
> Vortexbox 2.4, which is based on fedora 23 with perl 5.22.
>
> Thank you for the commands.
>
> Edit: For VB 2.4 users, to use Putty to cd to the LMS Plugins directory
> (cd /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins)

I've installed the plugin to
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins on a clean
VB2.4 install, changed ownership and group to squeezeboxserver.  When I
restart squeezeboxserver, I get a message on the mediaserver main screen
saying SvrPowerControl requires a restart.  When I go to Settings ->
Plugins I get the prompt to restart the server.  When I do the restart,
the entire SvrPowerControl directory under
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins has been
deleted and there is no listing of SvrPowerControl on the Settings ->
Plugins page.

There version of Media server that I am running is: Logitech Media
Server Version: 7.9.0 - 0.141.20160820git1471509276 @ Sat Aug 20
08:28:28 BST 2016