coyrls wrote:
> I've installed the plugin to
> /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins on a clean
> VB2.4 install, changed ownership and group to squeezeboxserver.  When I
> restart squeezeboxserver, I get a message on the mediaserver main screen
> saying SvrPowerControl requires a restart.  When I go to Settings ->
> Plugins I get the prompt to restart the server.  When I do the restart,
> the entire SvrPowerControl directory under
> /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins has been
> deleted and there is no listing of SvrPowerControl on the Settings ->
> Plugins page.
>
> The version of Media server that I am running is: Logitech Media Server
> Version: 7.9.0 - 0.141.20160820git1471509276 @ Sat Aug 20 08:28:28 BST
> 2016

OK, I've answered my own question:  installing the plugin via the git
clone method to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins
will only work if you had previously installed SvrPowerControl, for an
install to a clean system on VB2.4 the git clone must be to
/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Plugins, all then works.