First off, let me apologise for taking so long to reply. I've been
working away for a while.

bpa wrote:
> OK.  I think there could be two problems.
>
> 1. Transcoding and netwoprk load since 2 Touches/Radios have nopp[roblem
> but problems happen whren Boom is in the mix.
> 2. Windows affecting the BBCiPlayer handling - not clear what part of
> Windows but problems with Windows have been reported.
>
> To separate the two problems - need to test with an AAC stream and no
> "chunked " http.
>
> Can you play a play an "ordinary"  AAC http stream (e.g.
> http://www.somafm.com/illstreet32.pls )
> 1. On a single unsynced Boom.
No glitches, plays ok.

> 2. On synced Touch and radios group (no Boom)
No glitches, plays ok.
Also no problem with 3 groups playing the same - Boom, 2x Touch, 2x
Radio simultaneously.

> 3. Include Boom in group when synced with Touch and Radios
Synced with 2 x Touch - no glitches, plays ok.
Synced with 2 x Radio - no glitches, plays ok.

> Also need some more info on BBC iplayer streams been played, settings
> and setup.
>
> 1. What are the streams being played ?  ListenAgain vs Live,  bitrate,
> R3 vs others, give example of problem programs.
All problems as described are with Live streams, mainly Radio 6 and 4,
displays as 339kbps CBR, AAC LC.

> 2. What are the BBCiPlayer settings (i.e. are you playing HLS, DASH)
Live Stream Preference HLS > DASH > MP3 > FlashAAC >  FlashMP3
I have also tried the DASH > HLS > MP3 > FlashAAC with no difference in
performance.

> 3. Are you in the UK ? if not in the UK are you using a VPN or other
> network trickery to make you appear to be in UK ?
In UK, no VPN, standard Netgear R7000 router

> 4. What speed is your ISP link ? Is your ISP link a satellite link ?
80Mb FTTC connection that is pretty much full speed as I'm only about
50m from the FTTC cabinet.

Lastly, I have been looking at the server CPU usage whilst testing and
it rarely get above 1%. Even when playing the BBC streams it only
occasionally blips higher than 1%, up to 5%.

Richard