OK, I did some more investigation;

As I said earlier I have a combination of Radios and a Boom. The iPlayer
constant rebuffering issue only ever occurs on the Boom.

Testing regime, I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine as a master
server. I did clean, fully updated,  installs of Windows10 and Windows7
in separate Virtual Machines. Installed nothing except LMS7.9 and bpa's
Dash iPlayer plugin on each.

The Win7 machine would happily serve anything to any player and in any
sync combinations. I tried FLAC, AAC streams and iPlayer in both DASH
and HLS priority settings. All worked perfectly.

The Win10 machine would also serve everything EXCEPT IPLAYER TO THE
BOOM. The Boom worked perfectly for anything other than iPlayer,
including high bitrate AAC streams. Either iPlayer DASH or HLS to the
Boom caused frequent multi-second rebuffering events making it
unusable.

Flicking between the two servers this effect was 100% reproducible.

For me the answer to the rebuffering issue will be to leave the Win7 VM
on my network to just run LMS however that isn't an ideal solution for
everyone!

Hopefully this will help bpa isolate the issue although it seems another
case of Win10 breaking more than it fixes.

Reg.