philippe_44 wrote:
> One thing I've spotted which seems to cause some issues (at least with
> the ChromeCast version) is that Roon merges all tracks (at least the
> ones with the same sample rate) into a single "big" stream. That's a
> major difference with LMS.  Yes Philippe, good findings. When the sample
> rates are different there
is a also a Resync setting in Roon SqueezeBox audio settings to put some
silence between tracks. What you have spotted explains too why  Roon
playing seems gapless.
21339
philippe_44 wrote:
>  I'm not sure what is the exact cause of the problem, but the
> consequence is what you've observed when skipping tracks: It seems that
> when the bridge has already buffered more than the current track, then
> skip seems to de-synchronize what Roon thinks is being played vs what is
> actually being played. I'm wondering if this not a general bug of
> squeezebox support in Roon, but this is very visible with my bridges as,
> by default, they buffer all what the server is ready to give. What i know is
> that LMS emulation from ROON, if not "canonical", is
very stable using a hard SB player (i use SBT 1year+). I didn't used it
much with Squeezelite but seems OK and stable too. I understand there is
differences and consequences for your bridges and i hope there is
solution to deal with or minimize issues. Thank's a lot for your work.

|Filename: settingsRoon.jpg                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21339|

SqueezeBoxServer 7.9 / ReadyNas Pro (x86) | SBTouch - SB3 - Duet - Boom
- Ipeng
SBTouch => Rega DAC => Rega Brio R amp => Harbeth SLH5 speakers
'see details & photos here, 4 slides'
(https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1icpPBYH_gxzcdRBn5Gl28FNBTRxgQaDhk7UnxiPclhU/pub?start=false&loop=false&delayms=3000)