Hi Neil,

On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 5:48 PM, Neil Griffin
<neil.grif...@portletfaces.org> wrote:
> Hi Woonsan,
>
> Step 12 is "Release the bundle Zip file"
> https://github.com/apache/portals-pluto/blob/master/RELEASE-PROCEDURE.txt#L129-L146
>
> And Step 13 is "PUT THE RELEASE CANDIDATE UP FOR A VOTE"
> https://github.com/apache/portals-pluto/blob/master/RELEASE-PROCEDURE.txt#L148-L164
>
> Q1. I think I need to add a step in between that uploads
> pluto-3.0.0-source-release.zip to Nexus. Would you agree?

That's an option. But I don't think it is required to upload the the
source-release.zip to Nexus. It could be a convenient, automated
option though.
The reason why I suggested you upload the source-release.zip to
/dist/dev/... folder is because:
- assuming the existing build process generates source-release.zip
file already (based on the fact that there was 3.0.0
source-release.zip in /dist/releases/... folder before), it could be
easier for you just to copy the locally generated source-release.zip
to the temporary /dist/dev/... folder for voting purpose. No change to
improve the pom; just adding one more manual step for now, which seems
easier, quicker to me for now.
- An Apache release is basically a source release in
/dist/releases/... Binaries or maven artifacts in Nexus are for
convenience. Therefore, it is actually good to upload release
candidate source artifacts to /dist/dev/portals-pluto-3.0.1/ folder
for voting because it is just a matter of copying from the
/dist/dev/... folder to /dist/release/ folder in the end as part of
"14. Finalize release process" step for instance. Simpler than Nexus
directory in a sense in voting and post-voting process. However, if
you feel it's easier to upload the source-release.zip file to Nexus
and link to that in voting e-mail message, feel free to do so. Fine as
long as the source-release.zip is downloadable and verifiable.

> Q2. Is the "dist/dev" step you mentioned necessary? The release instructions
> don't mention "dist/dev" -- only "dist/release" in Step 14 (after the vote).

I explained it above. I thought it would be more convenient for you as
well, but feel free to upload it to Nexus if it's more convenient and
add links to those in voting e-mail message.

Regards,

Woonsan