Hi Chris,

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 09:48:38AM +0300, Chris Wilson wrote:

> I also get huge spikes which are unaccountable for, even after recompiling
> with 64-bit counters. It's not a single entry but rather all flow records
> for a few minutes at a time, then it goes back to normal. It's way more
> than my poor router or internet connection could sustain (gigabytes per
> second). This is using pcap rather than netflow. I'm suspecting memory
> corruption in pmacct.
>
> How would I get the average packet size for you?

In this case i would rather like to get privately a full tcpdump trace
of the traffic at the moment the spike occurs (so that i can reproduce
the issue myself and troubleshoot). So far, I had a limited number of
reports of occasinal spikes specifically for pmacctd (never for nfacctd
or sfacctd).

Can you recognize any patterns? Ie. always same host(s) involved? Let me
know.