Apologies for the previous duplicate post.

--- On Fri, 25/9/09, Tony <td_mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm creating a spreadsheet with the info from
> mySQL for pmacct and then manually copying stuff from the

Quick question (that is way off topic). The IP address field is stored in mySQL
as a CHAR. Is there an easy way to sort by IP address ?

If I try to "order by" in SQL then I get:

x.y.18.0
x.y.18.1
x.y.18.10
x.y..18.100
x.y.18.101
x.y.18.99

for a single /24. This is because it's a CHAR value and so it's ordered
"alphabetically".

Is there a way to sort it properly by IP address (so that .2 comes after .1) in
either an SQL query or in an XLS sheet ?

Thanks,
Tony.