Hello All,

I am trying to build a sflow collector station using sfacctd. I have been testing with pmacct-0.12.0rc2 and also with the cvs version committed at 25.10.2009. My goal is to have a number of switches (mostly extreme networks blackdiamonds running xos 12.2) send their samples to this station which then logs samples to mysql and I'll then build a number of views around that database. I am successful in putting the samples to the database.

Now, to be able to see stats for various links I want to use pre-tag mapping to tag the samples with agent_id based on switch _and_ input interface. I am however unable to get a match with the input interface key. Are there some gotchas regarding pretag mapping not explained in examples/pretag.map.example, that I am missing?

My pretag map looks like this:
id=1   ip=10.0.0.3  in=1001
id=96  ip=10.0.0.6
id=97  ip=10.0.0.5
id=98  ip=10.0.0.4
id=99  ip=10.0.0.3

My sfacctd.conf file looks like this:
interface: eth1
sfacctd_port: 6343
syslog: local4
plugins: mysql[tophosts]
aggregate[tophosts]: tag,vlan,src_host,dst_host,src_port,dst_port
pre_tag_map: /usr/local/sflow/sfacct_pretag.map
refresh_maps: true
sfacctd_renormalize: true
sql_table_version: 7
sql_host: localhost
sql_db: sfacctd
sql_user: sfacctd
sql_passwd: sfacctd
sql_table: acct_v7
sql_refresh_time: 60
sql_history: 5m
sql_history_roundoff: m

The switch 10.0.0.3 has sflow sampling enabled on port 1:1 and wireshark shows that switch sets an input interface value of 1001 in the samples. Still, I am unable to get any rows with agent_id=1 in the database, all samples from switch 10.0.0.3 are tagged with agent_id=99 (so matching on the IP-address works). If I omit the id=99 line from the pretag-map, all samples from that switch have agent_id=0 in the database.

Does someone have any hints about what can be wrong with my map?

With kind regards,
Jussi