It's definitely pmacct -e -p ... that kills it, pmacct -s -p ... works like a champ every time.

Sorry I'm not at all familliar with GDB, should I compile up a version of pmacct with --debug enabled so you can log in and take a look?

We are running CentOS 5.4 64-bit on a quadcore xeon box.

bash-3.2# uname -a
Linux <snip> 2.6.18-92.el5 #1 SMP Tue Jun 10 18:51:06 EDT 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

E-mail me privately with a network or host you'll be logging in from and I can update my hosts.allow for you and setup an acct.

Thanks!
-Brent