Hi All,

I am a new user of nfacctd & pmacct. I have it installed in a lab environment
for the purpose of determining whether hardware and software supports Netflow
properly and to assist in finding appropriate configuration of that equipment.
I'm running nfacctd with a very simple configuration file and using the memory
plugin. While developing the test procedure I've found that the memory database
is not being filled with records as I would expect given the deterministic
flows that I'm sending through the device under test when the number of records
is slightly on the heavy side. It seems that records are getting lost prior to
inserting into the db. I'm wondering whether records are being lost on arrival
at nfacctd.

I have configured the debug directive to true and have seen a few log messages
written that I don't understand that suggest (to my ignorant self) that not all
is well with nfacctd. I list examples of them below. I would appreciate
pointers to their meaning and if they indicate problems, what I should/could do
to fix them.

INFO ( default/memory ): 129024 bytes are available to address shared memory
segment; buffer size is 136 bytes.
INFO ( default/memory ): Trying to allocate a shared memory segment of 2193408
bytes.
DEBUG ( default/memory ): allocating a new memory segment.
Is this an indication that insufficient memory can be allocated to nfacctd?

DEBUG ( default/memory ): using an already allocated memory segment.
Is this an indication of an attempt to write in already occupied/used memory?
If so what happens to the contents of the memory location or that which was
attempted to be written to that location?

DEBUG ( default/memory ): Selecting bucket 13803.
DEBUG ( default/memory ): Walking through the collision-chain.

WARN: expecting flow '19261' but received '19263' collector=0.0.0.0:2200
agent=10.15.186.131:2049
Does this imply either record packet re-ordering or loss?

Rod Oliver