I thought this issue had been resolved sending always a non-empty post
via AJAX. See /javascript/jquery/jquery.pmapper.js with
   $.ajaxSetup( { type: "POST", data:"dummy=dummy" } )

Maybe it could help if the exact request can be identified

I unfortunately cannot test this since I do not have any squid proxy.
The patch was provided by a user on this list (forgot who...), maybe he
could come up and explain if it resolved his problem with squid.

armin