you cannot correctly measure in m when you projection is lat/lon if
you do not use at least an approximation function, something like
'Distance on ellipsoid'.

You could do a quire coarse calculation applying a factor in the
config that converts from degrees to m, it will be ok for N-N but less
accurate for E-W (unless you're close to the equator).  1 degree
minute (arcminute) corresponds to 1 nautical mile (at the equator, or
in N-S direction) , see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nautical_mile
 so you can calculate your factor from this correlation.

After you set up this solution, please insert the description in the
pmapper Wiki FAQ since every now and then someone comes up with a
similar question.

armin