this should be mainly a 1-liner of Javascript passing the session ID and
the desired language, like

with

function reloadMap(language) {
    location = location.href.split('?')[0] + '?' + SID + '&language=' +
language;
}

There might be more elegant solutions but this should do it. Often used
JS variables are visible if you inspect the produced HTML source (and
Firebug might show them all).

armin