Hi Daniel,

the simpler way to install pear on Ubuntu  is:

sudo apt-get install php-pear

so this  install pear application on your ubuntu

after you've to  upgrade pear:

sudo pear upgrade

and at the end you can follow the pmapper official documentation:

http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/wiki/UpgradeOlderVersions

last one thing....
if you use Ubuntu SO I suggest you to  add ubuntugis repository... for
last  gis application version...

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntugis <https://launchpad.net/%7Eubuntugis>

Bye

Daniel Mwaura ha scritto:
> Hello Everyone,i would like to thank you all for the beautiful work you are
> doing.
> I am trying to migrate my pmapper application from MS4W environment in
> windows
> to the fgs environment in ubuntu 10.04.Most of the  tools work very well
> actually better than i expected but the ones that require PEAR are a
> challenge
> such as suggest and export to xls.I am really having a difficulty in
> installing
> PEAR for my fgs environment installed in the home directory could anyone
> please
> bail me out, i would be very grateful.
>
>  Daniel Mwaura
> JKUAT
> Dept of Gomatics Engineering and Geospatial Information Systems

Walter Lorenzetti
email: lorenze...@gis3w.it
skype: aiki74
Cell: (+39) 347-6597931  Tel+Fax: (+39) 0588 85021
Viale Giuseppe Verdi n. 24, 51016
Montecatini Terme,Pistoia
P.IVA 01686280478
Italy