I modified now query.php on the SVN so that the seextent and setmapsize
is not only applied for point queries (as it was until now) but also for
rectangle queries ("select").
see http://svn.pmapper.net/trac/changeset/1042

So far I never noticed any problems with the rectangle queries and could
also not re-produce this problem mentioned. But it should not harm
running these settings for both type of geo queries anyway...

armin