The @ is probably there because your layer seems to be a tileindex
shapefile. Checking back in history, seems it has been introduced in
version 3.1.1, which dates from Sept 2007, so not really a very recent
modification.

I'm not using tileindex shapefiles at all so I never experienced
problems. But you also do not mention what exactly is not working and
what the error logs (PHP and Javascript) say.

So if you want to get it addressed sooner or later, file a ticket on the
Trac Wiki with detailed descriptions, error logs, etc. I can re-enable
the self registration function of the Wiki so you can cerate your
account there.

Armin