Pino

you should use a tool like Firebug to check which CSS settings actually
define the various style parameters. Since styles are usually a
combination provided by overlapping and overwriting parent/child styles
it is virtually impossible to just rely on a simple setting and hope it
works.

In Firebug choose the blue arrow symbol (top-left of FB window) and
click on the element for which you want to inspect the styles. You see
them then in the part on the right, where you can modify them on the fly
for testing them. These changes are only valid during your session and
are nowhere written (and hence lost after you close the browser). So
when you found the right style write it to the *.css file that is
indicated in Firebug.

You will eg. see that the color of the TOC is defined in the style
".vis", but there is no such a style like ".toc" (ie. there is no class
"toc" in p.mapper, just an ID "toc").

armin