Hi,

Yllka> Interesting topic! If possible, don't forget to show us your final
results!

Thomas> Thanx, very interesting tip! Should try it asap!
(On your example, beware on the UNIQUE typo ; )

With a Shapefile, using an index file (QIX) speeds up data visualisation
for sure.
Tiling to speed up access to WMS layers, with TileCache or the Mapserver
Mapcache.
Put the generated/temp files from Mapserver on a RAM disk (IMAGEPATH
parameter of the mapfile).

Chris