Looks like we don't have the same pdfprint.php, there are some differencies
here and there.
Are you on pmapper 4.3 like I do?

Anyway, as mentionned you should add the north arrow code at the end of the
printPDF function. At least after map image has been drawn.

Works fine here when put at the very end after the following line:
$this->redFactor = $redFactor;

Hope it is going to work!