On Sat, 17 Mar 2007, Jan Erik Moström wrote:

I think at least for questions like these there should be a searchable forum for people to ask questions and get answers.

Forums are bad for this, it's way better to discuss/ask question on a mailing list and summarize the answers to some kind of wiki ... perhaps we could use some wiki software to do this, does anyone know of one that would work?

Funny you should mention this. I just finished summarizing a thread on a wiki page. I used this wiki called PmWiki, have you heard about it? :-)

On the more serious side, I've found it useful to add a link to the thread in question as a reference. This means that someone reading the summary, can also go to the thread and check if additional posts have been added since the summary was last modified.

Oh, I should also mention that it's very convenient to use intermap prefixes. At wiki.lyx.org, I basically just use
        LyXThreadDevel:70420

to refer to post number 70420 (yes, there are quite a few posts on that list..., although this one isnt' that far behind. Jan's post was number 40000 something according to the way gmane count things)

/Christian