Sean M Burke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> But I keep really really wanting real support for doing bold and itals
> in verbatims.  So what does everyone think of extending Pod so that
> verbatim sections allow bolding like this?

>     flock COUNTER, LOCK_EX;
> #:                 ^^^^^^^

> And maybe itals with something like

>     # So only one instance gets to access this at a time!
> #:       /////////////////

> (as to how to do bold-and-ital, I dunno... "%"?

> Thoughts, anyone?

Ick...

How does one escape such lines if one doesn't want them to have that
function?  And what about editors with proportional fonts?  One can
otherwise edit POD pretty well with a proportional font.

I'd rather support formatting escapes in verbatim paragraphs than do
something like this, although the backward compatibility issues of the
former are pretty frightening.

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>