At 16:20 2002-01-10 -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
>I'd rather support formatting escapes in verbatim paragraphs than do
>something like this,

Sometimes I think of things.  And that was one of them that I thinked of
already.  I thinked of it with my mind.

And then people said to me that they highly value the fact that they can
take Perl code that's in a verbatim section's Pod source, paste it into a
Perl file, and have it work, and vice versa.  So, via thinking, I dismissed
the idea of formatting escapes, and resorted to comment lines as I proposed.

>although the backward compatibility issues of the
>former are pretty frightening.

That was another of the things I thought of!  Wow, it's like we're
finishing eachother's sentences!

If I keep thinking of things like this and making decisions based on them
and proposing things based on those decisions, then people might think I'm
some kinda expert or something.  Then will I get a special hat that says
"ASK ME ABOUT POD" on it?

I like fezzes.

--
Sean M. Burke    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/