At 2/19/2003 01:46 PM +0100, Mark Overmeer wrote:
[...]On this moment, I am owner of seven CPAN modules. The largest is Mail::Box, which has about 90 packages, each describing one class: it is object-oriented Perl.
[...]Conclusion: POD is not sufficient to produce documentation for OO programs.
What you say is undermined by one word: "90".

NINETY!

One of the surprising things about OOP as practiced in Perl land is that it you can typically do it perfectly well without deep or sprawling class hierarchies.

While I want Pod to be as flexible as possible while still achieving its goals, the problem you point out is not very compelling, at least not as you've described it. I am always on the lookout for a solution to this problem; but for the time being, think of it as an inadvertent tax on ISA hierarchy deepness.

--
Sean M. Burke [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/