(Just got back from two weeks of vacation.)

David Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Oct 14, 2004, at 10:48 PM, Sean M. Burke wrote:

>> What do manpage formatters insist on there being?  Like do they
>> complain if there's no NAME [sic] section?

> Not to my knowledge, no. I was just told that it was a standard, so I
> was attempting to enforce it. If it's not a standard, then so much the
> better!

So far as I know, the only thing that a missing NAME section breaks is
makewhatis.  Note that it's perfectly legitimate as well for a man page to
have both a NAME section and a Name section (although odd).

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>