"Sean M. Burke" <sbu...@cpan.org> writes:

> Oh crap! I thought I fixed this years ago!
> Namely, I thought I had replaced the innards of pod2man and pod2html with
> something that used Pod::Simple, since Pod::Simple is The Way, and that
> all other parsing would be a difficult and confusing duplication of
> already difficult and confusing effort, etc.

pod2man (and pod2text) has indeed converted over, thanks in large part to
your work and the new version you sent me.  pod2html is unrelated, though;
unlike pod2text and pod2man, I don't maintain it and haven't looked at it.

> 5) ...while I staggered digressedly away to do something
> else... probably that was when I went and spent a month making
> Pod::Simple::Man's output nearly byte-for-byte identical to the output
> of Pod::Man.  Ah, what a crisp and delightful time that was.

That was extremely helpful in getting pod2man switched over.

> 6) But I similarly-and-worse forgot to produce a /drop-in/ pod2man
> replacement.

That's okay, I did that.  :)

--
Russ Allbery (r...@stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>