On 12-04-25 11:22 AM, Russ Allbery wrote:
I think a better approach would have been to add a new command (=formatted
or something) that had these semantics rather than changing the
interpretation of existing verbatim paragraphs.

It would be better if it used the =begin/=for/=end syntax:

=begin verbatim

=end verbatim

=for verbatim

Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

[updated for today's programmers]
"Show me your code and conceal your interfaces, and I shall continue
to be mystified. Show me your interfaces, and I won't usually need
your code; it'll be obvious."
        -- Fred Brooks

Don't be clever; being great is good enough.