On Fri, Nov 25, 2022, at 17:53, Russ Allbery wrote:
> This is the first major release of podlators, which provides Pod::Man and
> Pod::Text, in some time.

Thanks, Russ!  These libraries are really important and probably you don't get
enough kudos for the many years you've spent keeping them going.  Especially I
want to call out…

> This will hopefully mean the beginning of the end of mangling people's names
> and languages with X characters.

Taking old code and making this work reliably can be a real pain, especially
without type checks to help you along the way.  It's also really important,
because it allows people to be represented and credited by the name that they
actually know as their own.

I haven't installed v5 yet, but will do so sometime soon and see what shakes
out!

--
rjbs